Friday, March 7, 2014

Princesses and Pirates

We decided to celebrate James' and Madelyn's birthdays with one big bash.  I feel like every mom and dad falls into one of two camps with kids' birthday parties.  You either love hosting them or you think kid parties have become incredibly excessive.  I think you'll see which camp I fall into!  

  It is so fun to celebrate our kids.  I love the planning.  I love the organizing.  But beyond all of this, I love seeing the sheer joy on my kids faces as they are surrounded by everyone who loves them. 

Madelyn requested a princess party.  Both kids like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so I decided Princesses and Pirates it would be!
The invitation
The food!  We served pulled turkey, ham and cheese, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Pirate and princess punch
Pirate ship fruit
 Chocolate princess cake
Yellow pirate cake
 James' Tattoo Parlor and Madelyn's Beauty Shop
Princess pops
 
Pirate pops
The kids went on a treasure hunt.  It began at the Tattoo parlor/Beauty shop where the kids got gussied up!
Everyone had to walk the plank.  The kids then found gold coins hidden inside balloons.
The guests of honor!
 Cousins!!  I have the sweetest nieces in the world.  They were adorable and so great to all the kids who were 2+ years younger than them! Nolan was a happy little guy too.  Loved having them all here!
Princess Nana
Captain Hook made a brief appearance before the pirates and princesses kicked him out!  Aka....we had some terrified guests!
Uncle Steve and Aunt Amanda.  Probably the most photogenic people I know!
Lil Miss Margot
Madelyn's bestie, Harper, and her Daddy Pete.
Captain Jack.  So stinkin cute.  I pulled out my camera and he froze and posed.  Love this kid!
Madelyn and James both beamed as everyone sang, "Happy birthday!"
 The kids received a ridiculous amount of gifts.  It was the most chaotic part of the party by far.  Aunt Jenny wins an award for keeping track of who gave what. 
 Madelyn's favorite gift.  Last summer she had a yellow lizard like this named, Jacko.  Jacko was lost and she continued to talk about him.  I told her he went South for the Winter.  She continued to talk about him.  She wanted to go to Piggly Wiggly's Lost and Found and ask about him. (Possibly his last known location).  Kate, who originally gave Madelyn Jacko had two lizard's left from the busy bag activity she made.  Madelyn opened these lizards, a gift from my dad, and declared, "So that's where Jacko has been.  He got a girlfriend."
 Time for a snuggle.  Parties are tiring.
 Love from a dear friend.
 James' favorite gift was probably all of the action figures he received.  He ran around squatting, jumping, showing his muscles and yelling, "Hulk.  Bad guys. Spiderman." 

The party was a success!  Thanks to all of our friends and family who helped make it so special for our kids. xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment