Monday, August 27, 2012

Mr. J is 6 months old!

So big!  You love this airplane pose!
 Two of your favorite toys!
 You are a baldy except for this party going on in the back!  I can't wait to see what color hair you are going to have.  It seems to be growing in lighter.
 Too stinkin cute!
 You have grown so much my little man!
 You are getting better and better at sitting!
This is what happens when I ask you sister to give you a few baby toys.  You get everything in site!

Dear James,

You, my love, are six months old.  You are full of smiles.  In fact, you were crying this morning, shortly after waking up, and I thought it was so odd, so out of character!  Turns out you needed a diaper change!  I knew it was unlike you to just cry! 

This past month has been so fun as more and more of your personality shines.  You love to laugh and just about anything gets you going: being tickled, tossed in the air, watching your sister, mommy's dancing, kisses.  You love music and you kick your little legs whenever you hear a song! You are very observant and are content watching what is going on all around you.  You are an excellent 'roller' and usually put yourself on your tummy.  You are a big fan of hanging out in the Superman position.  You are becoming a better and better sitter every day!  We are practicing standing, but you are not all that interested! In fact, when I pick you up, the first thing you do is curl up your legs!  You sit in your exercise center, but you aren't attempting walking with that at all, yet!  Speaking of your legs, they are getting some baby chub.  I love it! 

You are enjoying eating food and look like such a big boy in the highchair.  You made me bust out laughing today when you tried peaches for the first time.  They must have been a little tart as you shook your head from left to right when I gave you your first bite!  

You are very interested in mommy's face and hair and reach for my mouth often, especially when you are nursing.  You grab your sisters hair, too!

You love all of your toys and snuggle with your bear blankie at night.  You really aren't interested in your pacifier anymore, but I still give it to you at nap time.  I think you spit it out as soon as I lay you down.  Good little boy!  You put yourself to sleep most of the time, but if you fuss, all I have to do is pick you up and you close your little eyes.  I love this about you.  I love how you find such comfort in my arms.  You are soothed immediately.  My only complaint son: you are still not sleeping through the night.  You go to bed around 6/7pm and wake up at 11pm.  Then you wake up again around 2 am and 5/6 am.  This is too much kiddo!  I usually bring you into bed with me and we snuggle together.  I often fall asleep with you in my arms.  I probably am creating a bad habit.  This is something I never would have done with your sister.  Alas, mommy is more relaxed these days, and I know you won't be little forever.  We'll both sleep through the night some day.  Hopefully, sooner than later.  

My sweet James, you bring me so much joy.  I love to stroke your bald little head and stare at your perfect face.  I think you are so handsome, so loveable, and of course, brilliant. 

You (and your sister) are God's greatest gifts!  Your daddy and I are so blessed!

I love you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment