Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting back in shape

is hard to do!!  Endurance, strength, and stamina....boy do I miss you.  I have been trying to get back in the routine of exercising, but it has been difficult.  Difficult to find the time and difficult to feel like I am making a difference.  At 6 months post postpartum, I still have a good 10lbs to drop.  I signed up for a half marathon with the hopes that I would get back at it. 

 I have been enjoying my Dualie since James arrived; however, I had waited to use it for running until he was sitting stably on his own.  This was our first run, and it was A LOT harder than I thought it would be.  It was rather discouraging.  I hate that I let myself get so out of shape.  I struggle with the fact that I was a runner.  A good runner.  And now I am not.  Ugh...I just keep saying, "Put one foot in front of the other.  Keep going." Pushing this baby up a hill, giving it all I've got, and looking down at Marley walking......good summary of our first day out!
I started using EndoMondo on my phone and am loving it.  I got an 8 miler in (sans kiddos).  It was tough, but I was moving a whole lot faster than I did on the previous runs (with kids!).

No comments:

Post a Comment