Casey and I decided that for Father's Day and Mother's Day this year the gifts needed to be homemade!
Madelyn and J with their candy bar card!
How could you not love being a Father? Look at that face!
The real reason that Madelyn was dying to give Daddy his present. She wanted into those Whoppers. BADLY.
Not an easy three to get a decent picture of. Ha! This will have to do!
I have to say that fathers and mothers are very different in many ways. Mothers for the most part, want to spend Mother's Day with their family. Fathers, and not just this one I learned, often want to spend their day alone. So while I wish I some exciting day to share with you, we didn't do much on Father's Day! Casey was in Janesville for his brother's diaper party the night before. So as the picture might reveal, I think he was 'tired'. Ha!
In all seriousness though, Casey is a wonderful father. He loves to play and laugh with his kids. He teaches them songs. He's the reason Madelyn knows 'Rumor Has It' and 'Cheeseburger in Paradise'. I can't wait to watch him teach James how to throw a baseball and shoot the basketball. He brings me balance and tells me to stop worrying and stressing. Just drink a beer. I am forever grateful that he is my partner in the most wonderful journey...parenthood.

No comments:
Post a Comment