Sunday, October 23, 2011

19 Months Old!

She's growing like crazy but still far too little for Daddy's big shoes!

My sweet little Miss Madelyn is 19 months old.

You are perfect. You do something new and impress me daily. It's incredible. Will this always be the case? I sure hope so.

You continue to be a little chatter box and are making three-six word sentences. You are recalling information that you have heard others explain to you and about events that occurred in the past.

You love watching the squirrels out the window. I told you about the squirrels running in the street and how they need to be careful. You replied, "Hold mama hand." I laughed. You're right the squirrel should be holding his mommy's hand.

You definitely are asserting your opinion more these days. You've had a few meltdowns when you don't get you way. Tonight you cried for at least 5 minutes when we told you that you couldn't watch your 'cow' movie...we were watching the Packers! Come on! I ended up putting on the kitchen timer and told you that you could watch it when you heard, 'beep beep.' You do seem open to reasoning, and luckily for us, these all have been contained within the walls of our own home. You are so well behaved when we go out.

You love to go for walks around our neighborhood, love puppies and dogs, and will eat 2-3 bananas a day if we let you! You love talking about garages and listing what could be inside of them (boats, cars, wagons, and bikes). You push a chair from the dining room into the kitchen every night so you can help me make dinner. One night last week, you crawled right up, grabbed a nectarine from the fruit basket, and got a knife from the knife block. You proceeded to say, "Cut. Food." Yikes. Thank goodness I was there to stop this fiasco! We bake cookies at least once a week, or 'coocoos' as you call them.

We started saying nightly prayers about 6 weeks ago. There's nothing sweeter than hearing your little voice start out, "Dear God." You will list people who you are thankful for and want to pray for. I love how you prompt yourself as you make your list, "Who else?" Last week you prayed for your buddy Nolan. It was so sweet.

Madelyn watching you learn and grow is the most amazing thing I've ever been a part of. You warm my soul and melt my heart every day with little words like, "Mama hug and kiss." You are loved!

xoxo,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment