Monday, August 15, 2011

State Fair, a wedding (or) the zoo, and a tea party too!



Who doesn't want their picture with a cow butt? Maybe you didn't even notice because you were looking at how darn cute these kids are!

Madelyn and I met our friends Nolan and Ann at the State Fair on Friday! We know Nolan from swim lessons class, and I've so enjoyed getting to know his momma too! The weather was comfortable, the crowd was sparse, the food greasy.....a perfect day to take in the fair!


I insisted that we only visit the barns where the animals were not being sold to market. I couldn't bare the thought of looking at animals (beef cattle and pigs) that were currently sitting on death row. Makes me too sad! The goats were a safe bet! Love them!

Loving the slide!

Climb up the ladder!

First time in a bounce house = loads of fun!

Saturday, Casey continued on his never ending tuck pointing project and Madelyn and I had a tea party.


First step.....get dressed and set up the tea and cakes.


Step two....offer your guests some tea.


Finally....enjoy some tea yourself.


That night Casey and I attended the wedding of Kelly Maas and Nate Brooks. I was so excited to see them get married. For one, I INTRODUCED them. Seriously, call me the millionaire dollar match maker. My friends tease me that I'm always trying to make a match. Well I succeeded folks. The funny thing is that this one was not very thought out. More of a chance meeting that lead to true love. Who would have known?!


I do!

We enjoyed a night out! (PS....I am loving it. Even though I look like the definition of exhaustion!)


KM and her date Paul Fisher. Can I tell you how happy I am to see my friend so happy?!

One of the great things about this wedding is that it combined two parts of my life, Janesville and my Carver family. I LOVED seeing my old colleagues, especially Allison. We're showing off our baby bellies. We are due within days of each other!

Meanwhile, Miss Madelyn was at the zoo with Nana and Papa!
Her first train ride. My mom said she climbed all over while it was stopped, but when it started to move, she'd promptly come next to my mom and say, "Sit down."

They kept asking her to take her thumb out of her mouth for the picture. The trick....ask if she'll share with Nana.

Feeding the goat.


Her first pony ride. Is this not pure joy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment