Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Break!


I had such a great week off work. I was able to spend the week with my family as Casey was off work too. We celebrated his birthday, finger painted, went to the library, rang in the New Year, and cheered our hearts out for the Badgers. 2010 was an amazing year...for reasons I don't even have to explain. I was given the best gift of a beautiful, charming, healthy baby girl. I've fallen into a deeper love with my husband as I've watched him be a father. I've grown an even deeper appreciation for my parents as they've rearranged their life to be in Madelyn's. I've pushed myself in a new job and struggled to find my place as a working mother. It's odd...some pieces of my life are better than they ever have been while other aspects are more challenging than ever. I am excited for what 2011 will bring as my cup already overflows...

Here's the week's recap in photo...


Casey dishing up his birthday dinner....steak, coconut shrimp, asparagus risotto, and green beans with shitake mushrooms. Yup, I'm a chef!


I was super excited to give Casey his gift. Of course, there had to be some sort of 'game' involved! He opened the toy race car, and I had him try and figure it out. I won....he had no clue! I'm sending him to driving school at the Milwaukee Mile track where he'll get to drive a stock car around the track!

I knew finger painting with a 9 month old would be messy, fun, and rather confusing. Madelyn is still being introduced to new foods daily and is a CHAMPION eater! I KNEW she would want to eat her paint rather than create. SO, I made an edible (non-toxic) food based recipe! Yipee. Of course she dove into the bowls and shoved it into her mouth! I showed her how to 'paint' and she alternated eating with painting!

"This isn't as tasty as my food."
"I'll do some painting."

I think I really confused her by leaving a spoon in a bowl!

Badger Party


Future Badger!



No comments:

Post a Comment