Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm 30 years old! Yikes!

When my birthday rolled around on Monday, it actually felt like any other day. Mondays have turned into my 'chore' days. I buy groceries. I clean the house. I make baby food. I prepare two dinners. I received many phone calls, emails, and facebook messages reminding me that this day was special. I constantly feel blessed to have so much love in my life! Yet, I felt like I had already celebrated my birthday. I had gotten together with my parents, Joe/Jessica, and my grandparents the week prior. Casey, Madelyn, and I had our weekend away.

Unlike some people, I was okay with turning 3o. I hadn't thought all that much about it until the day was here. Then it hit me. My 20s are over. How did this happen? I feel like I just turned 21. Is this an indication of how fast life goes by...

Then my trip to the grocery store went terribly wrong (hmm..that sounds sort of dramatic). I paid for a portion of the bill with cash and opened my checkbook to pay for the remaining balance only to discover I had used the last check and not replaced it. UGH. It now is naptime, and Madelyn is having a meltdown. After calling the bank trying to obtain my pin number didn't work, I had to put back $37 dollars worth of groceries. How annoying. Some birthday, huh?

Well leave it to my sweet husband to turn my day around. He called telling me not to get groceries that he was going to do it (too late...sort of). He made me an awesome dinner: scallops, potatoes, green beans with shiitake mushrooms. He picked out a cake from our favorite bakery, lit candles, and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I love this man. It was all I needed. It was perfect.

So now I'm 30. I'm back to being okay with it. I'm happy with our life and who I am. I hear that the 30s are so much better than the 20s! I'm ready for the next decade of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment