Sunday, November 21, 2010

8 Months Old

Madelyn is getting her second tooth. The front bottom right tooth is just starting to cut through her gums. She loved the teething biscuit. She's managed the pain of teething really well. I've only given her Tylenol once when she was so upset and couldn't sleep. Otherwise, knawing on her fingers has really soothed the girl!

After swim lessons. All tuckered out.

She actually slept for almost two hours in her car seat today. I felt bad that we weren't home in time for her to take a nap in her crib; however, she never takes 2 hour naps in her crib! Madelyn usually takes a 45-60 minute nap around 8am and again around 12pm. She really needs that third nap still, but she usually refuses to take it. She either plays in her crib....squealing, pulling off her socks, rolling from one end of the crib to the other, OR crying and staring at the door. She'll pull her bumper pad down and wait and wait and wait. Literally, saying, "Please come and get me." She has stamina too. Sometimes this lasts for 60 minutes. What I've found is that either she goes to sleep easily, or she isn't going to sleep at all. Speaking of sleep.....Madelyn, you still are waking up throughout the night. Usually it's around 9pm or 10pm, but I leave her to work it out on her own. She's back asleep within minutes. Then she wakes around 4ish and I go in and nurse her. I'm giving her until 9 months and then mommy's sleeping through the night! You can do whatever you want Madelyn, but I'll be sleeping!

I LOVE playing with my socks! There toys that go everywhere with me!

So pretty!

Look at how I've grown!

Madelyn started using the /d/ sound this week. Casey had been out of town all week for work, and I was so excited for him to hear a-da and da-da when he got home. He had been practicing with her so much. Another mom said to me how disappointed she was that ma-ma didn't come first. I have to say I don't mind. I actually was wondering what happened to her speech sounds. A few weeks ago she was doing a few sounds, and then we had a few weeks of only vowels and squeals. I was happy to hear consonants again!

Madelyn also had another first....meat. She had chicken for the first time. If first opinions are any indicator, Madelyn is going to end up like her mommy, a vegetarian (while pescetarian if you're keeping track).

No comments:

Post a Comment