We decided to celebrate our anniversary and my 30th Birthday in Door County. Neither Casey or I had been in a LONG time, and we thought it would be the perfect place to take Madelyn for her first family vacation.
Madelyn and I left Milwaukee after her second nap and picked Casey up in Oshkosh. Madelyn was a trooper the whole car ride. We arrived in Door County right before her bedtime. She was sound asleep within 30 minutes of arriving at the condo. Casey and I got a pizza and a few beers and snuggled in front of the fireplace (I begged him to be DTS......haha! I really am getting a kick out of all the new slang I'm learning. Thanks Jersey Shore!).
Saturday morning we hit up the pool. Madelyn and I were excited to show daddy all of the new tricks we had learned at our first swim lessons class the day prior. Daddy was excited to play some basketball with Madelyn!
Oops sorry Casey. I guess I focused on someone else.
First time in a full size bath tub!
Because Madelyn wasn't going to be Trick or Treating and we didn't have any Halloween specific plans, I decided she could wear her costume all day! Everyone loved our little cow! She got so much attention!
Cheese!
We went to the Family Farm where you can view the cows being milked and purchase ice cream. I chuckled about what the people must think...no one else was in costume and in we come to see the cows with our baby in a cow costume. "Ahh...those people must really be into cows." Ha!
See my cute new jacket?!?
Not the best picture, but there are cows waiting to be milked.
Next on the agenda: Door Peninsula Winery! It was a fun stop; however, the wine was more of like Franzia. We had lunch at the bistro and tried the Shipwreck beer (local brewery).
I was persistent that we had to go to the Jack O'Lantern Festival in Fish Creek (which was located approximately 4 miles away...apparently I stated this often as Casey teased me about it all weekend. "How far away is Fish Creek, Laura?").
Waiting for the parade to start.
This picture cracks me up....The parade wasn't all that I had anticipated. I think there were two floats. Then anyone could walk behind them and 'be in the parade'. The people were followed by approximately 20 dogs in costumes. I wanted Casey to take a picture of the parade. He obliged and under is breath I hear, "What has my life come to? I'm talking a picture of this crappy parade?" Hahaha...still makes me laugh.
Of course we had to be 'in' the parade. Notice the leashes to the right. Haha!
That night we went and watched the sunset and had a great dinner at The Log Den. I had a glass of local wine (different winery) and an awesome Tilipia with Cherry Reduction sauce. We really pushed Madelyn past her bedtime, but she was great, into EVERYTHING, but happy. She tried to pull the tablecloth off the table, grab the water glasses, and play with all of the silverware. She is a busy baby.
Posing with pumpkins
Peninsula State Park Lighthouse
Sturgeon Bay
PC Junction! Such a fun restaurant. A train delivers our food!
Madelyn got a big kick out of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment