Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our baby's nursery!


If a room can be built on the motivation of love alone, this is the room. I can not wait to see it complete as I'm already in totally awe of the paint job. I sit in the room and just stare. The emotions a room can give me are really surprising....I am filled with love when I am in it. Happiness that I can not explain. Sitting in the rocking chair and imagining what is to come. My hope is that our baby too, will feel the love radiate from within the walls of the room we created for our little peanut.

Already the project has been time consuming and much of it has fallen on my talented husband's shoulders. His work amazes me. Casey puts care into everything that he does and holds him self to the standard of perfection. For this reason, I try to be gone while he completes projects! It's not without a handful of choice words that he does his work!!


First step was to get what would be the white stripe on the wall! Casey painted two (or was it three) coats of this white color! He's resting in between coats!





Next step was to tape all of the stripes. Casey spent almost 10 hours just measuring and taping.




The stripes turned out perfectly. It almost looks like wall paper they are so perfect!






My mom and her friend Dona came to show Casey how to stencil. It was quite the set up process!








You may just have to come see this paint job with your own eyes! I love love love how the rick rack stripes turned out! Washed red, brown, green, and blue!

Next step.....window treatments and bedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment