I have felt so happy over the last few weeks. Not only our we eagerly preparing our life for the arrival of a baby, our friends and family have showered us with love. I had three wonderful baby showers hosted by my girlfriends, my aunts, and my mom's friends. Having people plan an event in my honor is not something I take for granted. I so appreciate everything each individual did to show me kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity.
My girlfriends went above and beyond, per usual. They rented a three bedroom condo at The Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells. They put so much thought into the day's and night's events and planned the perfect party for me. It included a "green theme"....paperless invites, recycled or reusable wrapping, and a vegetarian menu. In lieu of cards, they helped build our baby's library by having each person sign the inside of a book to go along with the gift. I LOVE this idea!!
I learned a valuable lesson....when you cry opening the first gift, you end up looking tired and red eyed for all of your pictures! I couldn't help it though....I was so touched! My mom recently reminded me of the saying, "It takes a whole village to raise a child." I'm not sure if it takes a whole village, but I know we could not do this without the love and support of our family and friends. And we really have the best.

The best group of friends a girl could ask for! Each one of these women bring something exceptional to my life...they are my role models, my support system, and the ones who make me laugh so hard I cry! I LOVE them!


First gift.....here come the tears!


I was so excited to get a running stroller! Jordan (Aud's bf) made a clay figure to represent me out for a run! The card was hilarious too! My head on the model's body! My friends are so generous and creative!
Audra's gift included a song to the baby and I. It was the first time she had played the guitar in front of anyone other than her family! It was awesome! 
The baby liked it too! KM tried to feel a foot or elbow as Aud sang! Based on her facial expression, I think she did!
Of course the day included lots of games!! The girls all decorated a onesie for the baby. Again...so creative!


This saying, "I Make Mommy Happy" will never have the same meaning. We literally laughed for hours!

We were each timed to see how quickly we could match the baby socks together! I was in the middle of the pack....no where close to the Soldat sisters though! Those experienced mommies had an advantage! (As a side note, maybe it was the hormone blast they both were experiencing...both were newly newly pregnant at the shower!)

Spending time with my friends really is a gift within itself! We had such a great day/night together! I love them all!




No comments:
Post a Comment