My appointment went well. The doctor said the results from the ultrasound are normal and the baby is growing as expected! It's always music to my ears! Our little baby is just perfect. Of course my least favorite part of the appointment is going on the scale. I guess I over indulged in Halloween candy this month as it was not a good one in the weight gain department! Ugh....I'm already dreading losing this extra weight and I'm not done gaining. I wish I wasn't craving chocolate so badly! I was determined to eat well today and caved at Walgreens. They had these tempting cookies strategically placed next to the check out counter. I was peeling open the package before I was even back in the car....no self control!
I received the H1N1 vaccine. Making the decision to get the vaccination was difficult, but I felt I didn't really have a choice. Working in the schools, I am coughed on, sneezed on, and accidentally spit on more than I'd like to discuss! My doctor assured me that it was the best course of action. I haven't had any side effects and I feel my little bambino bouncing around all the time so I gather Baby Murray is doing just fine as well. Now that I've had the vaccine, I'm hoping the immunity sets in ASAP! I spoke with one of my friends yesterday who has the ol hog disease and she sounded terrible. Poor girl. It is not something I want to experience!!
At each appointment we have listened to the baby's heart beat. It's incredible to hear and think about what the swooshing noise really means. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that there is a tiny baby inside of me. I feel completely content with our decision not to find out the sex of the baby, yet I still enjoy hearing the different predictions. Yesterday was the first time the heart beat offered us one. The heart rate was above 150 suggesting a baby girl. Up until about two weeks ago, I was positive I was having a boy. I don't really know what has made me more uncertain lately, but I am beginning to wonder if the baby is actually a girl!
I had a dream last night that I had a little girl. It really was a "dream" for a couple of reasons. 1. My labor was incredibly easy. I went to the hospital and was dilated to 8 already and had the baby in less than 2 hours. It was virtually pain free; however, I remember being very groggy and removed from what was happening. 2. I saw the baby girl in my dream....she had light colored hair with a hint of red (I don't believe we have any red head genes!) and was simply beautiful. 3. Lastly, I was excited because the baby was born before we had taken our birthing class and I was thrilled to save the money that we would have spent!! I would be happy for 1 and 2! I don't want the baby to come early though! I need all the time left to prepare and he or she needs to keep growing!!
I'm going to update pictures of the growing belly tomorrow before heading to Chicago to visit friends and check out my dream baby furniture!! Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment