Monday, September 21, 2009

Rocky Mountain High



Casey and I went to Colorado for a little vacation and to see Morgan and Miah get married. We flew into Denver Wednesday evening and headed to Boulder. We stayed in a historical hotel, The Boulderado, in downtown Boulder right off of Pearl Street. The hotel was so beautiful....old woodwork, stain glass ceiling, and an old fashion elevator with an operator! We grabbed dinner at the open air restaurant/bar in the the hotel and headed to bed! I've learned I hit my wall at 11:30pm....can't go any later without feeling like death the next morning.





We had breakfast Thursday morning at Lucille's. It was right up my alley! It was a restaurant in an old home. The food was all grown at a local farm and every thing was homemade....right down to the hand squeezed orange juice and ketchup! The food was awesome! We then walked over to Pearl street to do some shopping. The first Christmas present of the season was purchased and Cousin Steve is the lucky recipient! Pearl Street reminds me a lot of State Street in Madison. It's lined with shops, restaurants, and bars! So much fun!

We then drove to Mt. Sanitas to hike. We heard it was somewhat strenuous but decided to go ahead anyways! Well....it was. Picture walking up flight after flight of stairs until you traveled over a mile in oxygen thin air! I like a challenge and this was one for sure! We made it to the top and were able to see the whole city of Boulder. I definitely had the exerciser's high!





No comments:

Post a Comment