Friday, July 8, 2016

Mr. and Mrs. Nelson Wed!


This past May we celebrated my dear friends Beth and Ryan.  Beth and Ryan have been together longer than some of my friends have even known their husbands!  I think they started dating 10 years ago!  So they've been an official couple in my mind for years.  Beth and I had many conversations about whether or not marriage was in her future or not.  I was so happy when Beth shared the news of their engagement.  I honestly thought they might run away and get married in some exotic land - they love adventure and travel, but I'm so happy they decided to all of their loved ones to share in their day.  Their love was obvious, the day emotional, and the joy overwhelming.  I don't know that I've ever been a part of a day that held more emotion ~ they wrote their vows, carefully planned a ceremony and reception that represented their style, their music, and their cuisine.  It was gorgeous.  

 Beth was the most stunning bride.  She ordered her dress from a boutique in LA without seeing or trying it on.  Only Beth could do this.  She could wear anything and look ah-mazing! Beyond her outward gorgeousness she displayed such grace and gratitude.  I think she was truly on cloud nine to marry her very best friend.

We got ready at a downtown Chicago Hotel.  Beth and her sister assembled all of the boutiques. They were splendid. 
 The Kitchen was the location of the ceremony and reception.  It was gorgeous.  I'd like this to be my kitchen and dinning room.  The style couldn't have been better.  Alongside the tables above where all windows looking out at the Chicago River.  
 There's nothing greater than watching the happiness of loved ones. 
Beth and Ryan flew in their very own piano man from New York.  They met him at a neighborhood bar that became one of their favorite hangouts during their many trips out East years ago.
Obligatory pick up the bride photo!

One of the other things that made the day special is that Beth decided to include all of her high school friends (which turned into life long friends) to be her bridesmaids.  Many of us have rotated standing up in each other weddings, but Beth was the first to ask the entire group.  It made an incredibly special day even more!
I adore this photo and the ladies pictured in it!

A few other favorite photos of the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment