Friday, November 22, 2013

My birthday!

Life is about people, and the very best gift I received was being able to spend my birthday with so many people I love!

Friday night the kids and Casey took me to Lakefront Brewery.  We hadn't been since we moved and I was looking forward to a good beer, fish fry, and dancing the polka with my favorite!  

Katie, Darcy, and I had plans to go to the Pink concert Sunday night and Katie had purchased a flight for the occasion.  About three weeks prior to the show, Pink cancelled.  I was bummed, but happy that Katie still would be coming!

Andrea, Beth, and Amanda surprised me with drinks at Amanda's house and dinner at Crazy Water, one of my all time FAVORITE restaurants.  It was so touching that my dear friends traveled from places near and far to help me celebrate.  I love them dearly and was so touched.  The laughter from true friendship is the best gift!

Sunday Katie and I headed to the spa for facials!  It was amazing.  We each had facials and then sat and talked in the relaxation room for at least an hour.  Katie and I had not seen each other in almost a year.  It had been since her wedding in December!  There is something so special about life long friendship and the ability to feel like 11 months was a 11 days.  Although, it does frighten me how quickly time passes....


No comments:

Post a Comment