My 1 year old boy!
My dearest James,
You are one. I can't believe how quickly the last year has past by. It seems like just a few short weeks ago that I saw your beautiful face and held you in my arms. I will never forget that moment. It is burned into my memory and will forever be one of the very greatest moments of my life. You have taught me so much over the last year. 1. The amount of love a mother can have is unmeasurable and has no capacity. 2. Snuggly, happy-go-lucky babies are THE. VERY. BEST. 3. Boys, indeed are different than girls!
Jay bird, I think you are so handsome, so smart, and so fun! Let me tell me about your perfect little self!
Exactly 1 year old!
+ You love eating and yell at me for more. You have started to sign more, but you find screaming much more effective. When you get tired of eating, you play with your food and always put your dirty paddywackers in your hair! Marley loves eating off your lap and you giggle non stop. You love bread, cheese, peas, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, broccoli, avocado, spaghetti sauce, beef, mac n cheese, minestrone soup, yogurt, to name a few. You make me so happy and will eat things like spinach and kale. You don't like bananas. You beg from Dad when he is eating and yell if you want Madelyn's food. We had friends over for supper tonight and they died laughing watching you shove food into your mouth with both hands as fast as you could while making a 'mmm mmm mmm' sound. The coined you 'cookie monster'.
+ You say Mama, Dada, and All Done. You sign more.
+ You've had a rough few weeks and had one cold after another. You made three trips to the doctor and had two ear infections. You made it through without any antibiotics.
+ You share a room with your sister and are such a good boy about going to sleep. You take two awesome naps (2-3 hours in the am and 1-2 hours in the pm). When you are sleepy you will pull your monkey blanket out of your crib and pop your pacifier in your mouth. You frequently are ready for bed by 6:30-7 but you often have to wait for Madelyn to get everything situated. Your are the only baby I know who gets slap happy when tired. You are not always sleeping thru the night, but it's okay. I'll sleep again someday.
+ You love bath time. You dunk your face. You drink the water. You splash like crazy. You are having a blast at swim lessons and I'm convinced you have the biggest smile in the class.
+ You love the song, "If you're happy and you know it." You clap your hands on cue! The Itsy Bitsy Spider is still a favorite too.
+ You like to do whatever Madelyn is doing. You are rather destructive though. She builds with Legos. You knock it down. She crafts. You tear paper.
+ You are into trouble. A. Lot. You climb on things. Today you climbed on the Madelyn chair, toppled forward, falling into the small table and chairs. You cut your tongue open somehow and have a bruised forehead. You cried a little, but you were pretty tough. It all happened in slow motion. I saw it happening but didn't get to you in time. You crawl turbo speed if the toilet paper is left on the roll, the toilet seat is open, the dog dishes are down, or whenever the refrigerator is open. You splash in the dog dish any chance you get.
+ You still love electrical cords and outlets. You think the outlet plug covers are like a puzzle someone put out for you. The other day you were reading books (see below) and I was in the kitchen, the next thing I knew Madelyn was screaming at the top of her lungs. You had gotten the fan cord. She tried to get the fan away from you and was backed into the corner. You had the cord stretched out and were shaking away like it was a rope. Bless Madelyn's little soul. She tries to help out when she can! You were in no danger, but still, I sound like a broken record, "Fans, cords, outlets are not toys." "No. No. No." comes out of my mouth non-stop.
+ You like dumping out toys. You just started putting objects in (your cars go in the garage!), You like to stand at the kitchen and pull out all the toys.
+ You love reading books. You flip through them and especially love the flip books. You do 'so big' now. You point to different pictures and objects. Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy and The Baby Einstein books are your favorite right now.
+ You love to tear paper and will tear your books if you can. You've torn off a lot of those 'flip books.'
+ You just learned how to stand up on your own from kneeling position.
+ You snuggle Marley.
+ You pat my back when I pick you up. You rest your head in my arms. You make me love you more and more every single day. Just tonight you fell asleep in my arms. I sat and rocked you staring at your perfect little face for the next hour. I treasure this time with you. You have always been my little snuggler.
Happy boy!
Finger painting!
I love you!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment