I was so excited to celebrate my sweet little boy's first birthday! As much as I didn't like the idea of him leaving babyhood and entering toddlerhood, I wanted his party to be a real hoot! Owls and birds were the perfect theme as I have called him Jaybird since he was a tiny little!
We had the party at my parents' house. They have such a beautiful home with plenty of space. It reduced the travel for everyone else too!
It's amazing how much Jay grew in one year's time. I adore these pictures that capture and forever preserve him at each stage. I treasure them now and can't imagine how much I will fondly look upon them to remember this special time in years to come.
Owl decorations!
Birthday banner!
A birthday shirt made by moi!
I was so pleased with his owl cake! It was cute AND delicious!
Party favors!
Bird nest desserts! We also served sandwiches, broccoli slaw salad, fruit, taco dip and chips!
Family. I adore the three people in this picture. They hold my heart in their hands.
We had bird activities! The big girls painted birdhouses!
Jay supervised as Nana painted his and Uncle Matt painted Nolan's.
Digging in the bird nest! Each child had their own color of eggs to hunt for, filled with age appropriate goodies!
James' were filled with Happy Baby puffs! A personal favorite! We also danced the Chicken Dance. James loved it. His little wings were flapping away! Everyone wore owl masks too! I love that everyone indulged me.
Present time! James opened some of his presents. I thought he would have been a little more into opening the gifts as he loves tearing paper. He was coming down with another cold and ear infection, and my sweetie wasn't quite himself. Good thing, Madelyn was ready to jump in and help.
"Who wants to pose for a picture? What did I get?"
A tunnel and tent from Nana and Papa were a big hit! His other gifts included a Little People Airplane, a drum set with many musical instruments (they have gotten a ton of use!) bubbles, new bibs, and lots of clothes and a new Winter coat. Our family was also so generous with gifts of money. James is on a good pace to having his college education paid for!
James didn't quite know what to do with the cake!
He squished it between his fingers.
He put very little in his mouth. I'm blaming it on his cold, or his lack of sugar exposure! :)
The rest of the party was spent playing. The kids had a blast crawling in the tunnel.
Addison in the tent!
Family!
Grandma and the boys!
Birthday snuggles! Love isn't a strong enough word to describe my emotion for this lil man! Happy first birthday Jaybird!


No comments:
Post a Comment