My mom had a conference at Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells, so she invited my dad and Ms. Madelyn to join her for fun at the waterpark. Madelyn's first 'vacation' with her Nana and Papa. I'll admit that I was a little bummed that we all weren't invited, but a weekend alone with Casey and my little man sounded mighty relaxing.
This picture kills me. Look at how old she looks! Madelyn loves to eat out. She went to Cracker Barrel (I believe twice) while with my parents. My dad said that she ate all of her breakfast and then moved on to his.
My water bug!
Madelyn loved the game room. She was very observant of the other children throughout the weekend and wanted to try out what she saw. She learned to go down the slide head first, play video games, among other things I'm sure.
Of course, I missed my little sweetie, but I was also excited to get to focus all of my attention on James. I never anticipated the pressure I would put on myself to give both of my children as much of my attention as possible. Not an easy thing to do! I often compare the time and attention I was able to give 1 child to what I can give to 2, and then I feel badly. Ugh...mother's guilt. So, I tried to document much of our day together.
James loves his baths! He is always smiling and so content.
He didn't love getting out of the tub quite as much!
I love holding my sleeping baby. These are the images I promise myself that I will burn into my mind and never forget. I don't know if I will ever ceased to be amazed by the instant relationship between a mother and her child. I love how he finds such comfort in my arms and sleeps there with such ease.
Love this little boy!
Lucky little Jay....he has beautiful bright blue eyes. People keep telling me he is all Jennings. I compared him to my baby pictures....I don't see the resemblance really. He is far cuter!

No comments:
Post a Comment