Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day

It probably goes without saying, my kids really are my world.  At one time this blog was about ME, my life, and at some point, probably the moment I brought Madelyn home from the hospital, it became about my children because they are my life now!  They, in many ways, make me, me.  I believe it's really important to have an identity outside of just my children, and I probably need to make more time for that these days.  But it isn't easy with a toddler and a newborn, being a mommy is a 24/7 job right now.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I feel lucky.  Every. single. day!

 Madelyn made Grandma and Nana Mother's Day cards
 Casey asked me yesterday if he ever makes the blog anymore.....here you go sweetie!  Isn't he cute too!!
 Madelyn tore and glued the paper onto the cards
 The inside read, "We love you to pieces!"
 James sat on the couch looking super cute!
 On Saturday, we went to Janesville to see our families.  Casey built the frame of a big girl bed for Madelyn and I stayed with the kids at my parents.  This picture makes me laugh.  They both are super happy.
 Love
 Nana and James
 Madelyn was so excited to give gifts for Mother's day.  She made me this darling garden cake along with a card.  She was beaming.  I loved it.  It was thoughtful, homemade, and chocolate.  Madelyn had my mom open her gift a day early.  I loved seeing her generosity.
My happy little JT!

No comments:

Post a Comment