Monday, April 16, 2012

Holy Cow!


Easter weekend was a busy and special weekend for us. James was baptized and we celebrated Madelyn's birthday (again!) with our family! Joe and Jessica made a trip home from London to become James' Godparents. Their generosity and love for our children never ceases to amaze me. It was a special weekend indeed!

Uncle Joe meets James for the first time. A lot of people have said they think our little bean pole looks like his Uncle!

Nana and Papa gave Madelyn a sandbox! I'm super pumped to have outdoor toys to play with at our house this summer. When I think about how much 4-6 months old nap, we may be home quite a bit this summer.


Uncle Joe and Aunt Jessica gave Madelyn a tricycle. Look at her face. I'd say she likes it!

Madelyn is really into skirts right now. She was wearing 1 of the 2 she owned every day. A new skirt is a welcomed addition into this little girls wardrobe!


We had all of the family to Riverfront Pizza to celebrate Madelyn's birthday and James' baptism (which was immediately following the party) hence the theme 'Holy Cow!'

I can't believe how grown up they both look! Kaitlyn turned two just before Madelyn was born (so she's 4 years old). So when James is turning two this is what Madelyn will look like! O.M.G. Can't take it!

We opened presents! Madelyn received so many goodies!

After salad and pizza, we had cake!

And birthday cake too!

Isn't this picture sweet?! James slept, ate, and snuggled at the party! I think my kids get their bright blue eyes from Grandma Murray. I love it!

Then it was off to the baptism. Pastor Margaret baptized Madelyn also. Unlike the other pastors, she lets the parents hold their baby while he/she is being baptized. James spent the first 20 minutes or so of the service nursing in a side room with me. Just prior to having the water poured on his head he had fallen asleep. He woke up and was as calm as could be!

I teared up as Casey and I gave our blessing for James. He is such a sweet little boy and my love for him is immeasurable. It was a special moment.

Parents and Godparents

Cuties!

My peaceful baby boy

Look how long James is. He was 9 days older than the other baby boy baptized and twice as long for sure!

James is wearing his Uncle Joe's baptismal outfit from almost 30 years prior. Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment