Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One month hiatus,,,,



Let me tell you! We've been busy people. So busy in fact, that I have done a terrible job updating the blog for the past month.

We got ready for Christmas! Madelyn was much more interested in sweeping and cleaning up then decorating the Christmas tree. She has been on a cleaning kick lately. She will run into the kitchen and get a dishcloth and dry up water, get rid of 'dirt', and anything else that is necessary. One day, I heard her saying to herself, "Mama make big mess. Clean up."


St. Nicholas came!

We've been at parties!


Casey's company put on a a holiday event for the whole family. Madelyn surprised me and was willing to go and get her gift from Santa.

We had Casey's cousin's Christmas party! These two were hilarious!

Addison, Kaitlyn, and Madelyn decorated cookies and stockings!

Madelyn ate as many cookies as possible.


Madelyn and Casey had the stomach flu. There is something so heartbreaking about watching a toddler carrying around a puke bucket.
We went to Shawn and Maria's wedding!


And so did the marching band!!!

Then, Christmas arrived! Casey, Madelyn, Marley, and I did our family Christmas here in Milwaukee before going to Janesville to celebrate. Madelyn and I made monkey bread, eggs, and cut up fresh fruit. Madelyn loved opening her presents this year. She received books, new clothes, a cash register, and moon dough from Mommy and Daddy. Madelyn was fascinated by all of the Christmas lights and trees. We went to my grandparents' house where she became infatuated with the Christmas tree. She would run and dance in front of it shouting, "Happy Birthday Christmas tree!"


She took her time initially.

Nana and Papa bought her a play kitchen. I love that her imagination is already developing. She jumped to action and started making everyone macaroni and cheese.

New Minnie Mouse pajamas from grandma and grandpa Murray! Check out Kaitlyn's face.....love the excitement! Madelyn loves these so much that she cried for at least 20 minutes today when I made her take them off to get dressed.

Taking in a moment with daddy before opening more presents.



Four of the six little girls!!

And this is how December made us feel.....sleepy.






No comments:

Post a Comment