Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Isn't it great that we, in America, have a holiday to celebrate all that is good in life? A holiday intended for nothing more than giving thanks. I've always believed that personal happiness is directly related to how you frame your thoughts. Do you chose to celebrate life's joys or focus on life's hardships? I've always been a glass half full person. I've noticed this more and more in my work lately. So many of my coworkers talk about everything kids can't do. While as educators we have to recognize weaknesses in order to support and move kids forward, but I've always been focused on what new skills they CAN do!

However, I have spent much of the last year fixating on how badly I want to move and how it isn't happening. I fluctuate between remembering all that I have that I am so lucky for and feeling down that I can't have it all right now.

Thanksgiving, like all holidays, is the perfect time to remember that the most important things in life are not a new house, a new car, or any 'thing' at all. The most important 'things' in life aren't 'things' at all, they are people.


I am thankful for a hardworking, loving, faithful partner.


I am thankful for this little face!


I am thankful for people who are willing to be silly and dance 'The Hokey Poky.'


I am thankful for good food!


I am thankful for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment