We watered our tomato plants.
We potted flowers. Madelyn was such a good helper (when she wasn't shoveling dirt into her mouth!)
We dined on the patio. Look at how big my little girl looks sitting in an adult chair for dinner!!
I attended a bridal shower for my friend Kelly at George Watt's Tea Room. What a neat place; however, their story is even neater. Anyone who knows me, and presumably, you do if you're reading this, knows how I've failed at my numerous attempts to be cupid. Well folks, I now am a successful match maker and the happy couple is just months away from wedded bliss! I have to say this 'match' was my least planned out....perhaps that's the key? Their story goes back to 2008, when Kelly was a coworker of mine. After having enjoyed a few adult beverages at my holiday work party, Casey and I were headed downtown to meet friends. I asked Kelly to join us. Her condition: only if any of the guys we were meeting were single. Cue Nate. We arrived at the bar ahead of Kelly, and I told Nate that my friend (who was due to arrive any moment) wanted to meet him. They hit it off right from the get-go and have been together ever since!! Thank you. Thank you. You can elicit my services for a small fee.
In all seriousness, I'm so happy for them. They both are kind, ambitious, and all around fun people who have love and respect for each other. What more can you ask for, right? Oh yeah, and Nate's from Janesville. Everyone must have a Janesville connection. Sort of creepy, but true. See below.
It was so great to see my 'Carver friends'. I taught with each of these women while at Carver...Kelly's the only one still working there. We were all special educators at one time, shared many of the same students, and found relaxation at Bar Louie. We've attended each other's weddings, celebrated the birth of four little ones, and shared the joys and stresses of working in the public schools! I love these girls! PS. Allison's parents retired to Janesville. Um, they're from Iowa. Add it to the list of random Janesville connections.
Sarah and Kelly came over after the shower to see Ms. Madelyn. We went into her room and she was bouncing in her crib in such delight. She was butt nudy as she had removed her own diaper and thought she was HOT STUFF. I went to get my camera, and she developed intense stranger danger in my brief absence. Have I mentioned, she's a mommy's girl?
This is where my visuals end....other fun stuff:
Madelyn and I tried out the new Wauwatosa pool on Tuesday. It was a blast. There were slides, water guns, and fountains galore. Madelyn loved walking up and down the stairs, crawling in the water, leading me EVERYWHERE as she insists on having two fingers to walk, and going down the slide (I let her go once on her own. Not such a good idea. The slide was fast and she was on her back in an instant! So mommy had to go too = FUN!). We ran into a buddy of hers from swim lessons class, and it was nice for me to chat with an adult for a bit too. Madelyn squeezed in an afternoon nap and we meet Audra for a late lunch. I'm selfishly transitioning Madelyn from two naps to one. I think she's ready as she sometimes was unable to fall asleep for her second nap and would dink around in her crib for an hour. I'm ready for naps to not eat up such a chunk of the day. We'll see how it goes. I know a well rested baby is a happy baby, so we'll do two if needed.
The best part of all of this? We can hang out like this everyday for the next three months because, "School's out for summer!" Hooray! We made it!

No comments:
Post a Comment