Words: mama, dada, papa, ma (Marley), help, ba (sheep), hot, all done, up
Animal noises: Moo, baaa, hiss (snake), roar (tiger)
Signs: More, milk (approximation), bye-bye, hi, points to herself and EVERYTHING around her
Receptively: I know Madelyn understands at least 50-60 words, probably significantly more
She's a pointing fool and bosses us around all day pointing to desired items. She knows her body parts and will point to her head, legs, and ears. She scrunches up her nose when asked where her nose is. She points out everything in her books and pretends to read aloud.
The pediatrician was very impressed when I told her about Madelyn's play skills. Not only does Madelyn take items out of containers, she puts them in. She stacks blocks and lines up her farm animals. Joe teased me that the pediatrician tells everyone that their child is advanced, but she seemed pretty genuine to me!!
One of my favorite times is bath time. If I ask Madelyn to 'swim' in the tub, she'll dive forward onto her tummy and paddle her arms and kick her legs. It's so stinkin' cute!!
Growth:
Weight: 22 lbs (75 %ile)
Height: 30' inches (85 %ile)
Madelyn HATES laying her back. She very clearly expresses this at each and every diaper change! Hence, this is the best I could do for her comparison shot! She does love her sheep though!

No comments:
Post a Comment