Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!


I bought this darling hat on etsy.com! I think it is beyond adorable on her! I ordered the 6-12 months size, and it fits perfectly now! I hope she doesn't grow out of it too soon!

A rare moment of happiness on her tummy!

Madelyn is 7 weeks old! Each week is more and more fun! She smiles all the time and is starting to coo when we talk to her! She still hates her tummy time, but we try to sneak a few minutes in here and there! It seems to be working as she is able to hold her own head up when we carry her!

We made another trip to Janesville to celebrate Mother's Day with our families. It sure seems like we are going there often now that Madelyn is in our life! We split our time between my parents home and Casey's parent's home!


My nieces Addison and Kaitlyn love to brush and style my hair. I'm all about the brushing part....could put me right to sleep! I am so thankful that Madelyn will have little girls in the family to grow up with!

Cousins!
Four generations of women!

Madelyn has learned to stick out her lower lip and make a pouting face! We think it's so funny!

Grandpa plays with Madelyn. She is able to track toys really well these days. Grandma Murray says her vision development is right on!
This was right before Madelyn spit up on Uncle Joe! He described her as a little volcano....you never know when she'll explode! We had to remind him that he isn't allowed to throw her off his lap in an effort to save his clothing!

The Moms!!

Madelyn and I share lots of smiles throughout the day! This was taken on Mother's Day! How perfect!!

I had such a great first Mother's Day! Casey and Madelyn gave me a heart filled card. It moved me to tears....Casey acknowledged all that I do as a mother and described his confidence of what kind of person Madelyn will become because I AM her MOTHER. They gave me a new fluffy monogrammed robe and let me sleep in until 8:30 am!! Woo hoo! We had an amazing lunch prepared by my dad. Fresh green salads, baked sweet potatoes, sea bass, and strawberry shortcake for dessert! I even enjoyed a glass of red wine! YUM!

We then went over to Casey's parents where the men were preparing another meal. I couldn't bring myself to eat again, but the company was great! We socialized until 8pm or so! It won't be long until we'll have to plan our visits and outings around Madelyn's sleep schedule. I've been working on getting her to bed at an earlier time. She is usually sound asleep in her bassinet between 8-9pm. We paid for staying in Janesville so late as she didn't go down until 12am! She hasn't been up that late in weeks!

To my little love bug,

You have given me the best job in the whole world...the job of being your mother. On this very special day for mommies (and really everyday), I thank God for bringing you into our life. I can not believe how I have already changed because you are here. You make me a better person. You make me selfless and help me recognize what is important in life! (However....I do think personal hygiene is important, and I hope that I will get to a point where I can remember to put on deodorant and brush my teeth before leaving the house!)

Madelyn I vow to do my very best to teach you to be kind, to be respectful, to be a good friend, to be honest, and to be playful and FUN! Thank you for giving me a new title....one I'll carry forever, Mommy.

I love you!

PS...Madelyn you also won mommy $50 worth of jewelry in a Mother's Day Cutest Baby Picture Contest! No one could resist how adorable you were sleeping in your little tutu! Thanks baby girl! I promise you can borrow the necklace as a teenager :)




No comments:

Post a Comment