Monday, May 31, 2010

Cozy Inn, Lydia is One, and Janesville Fun!


Okay...it's a good thing I write blog entries in my head daily! I have some updating to do!

We had a busy weekend in Janesville. It seems like we're on an every other weekend pattern...one weekend home, one in Janesville, repeat.

Friday night we went to dinner with my parents and a group of their friends at the Cozy Inn. Chinese food in a rather authentic setting...or what I would guess a Chinese restaurant is like! The food was good if you don't mind not always knowing what you're eating! Ha! We brought M with us. It was a so-so event for our baby girl. She's not the kind of infant that you can cart just anywhere, and she'll sleep. She was pretty mad when we arrived. I did the M dance...bouncing and 'sssshhhing' in the way she prefers and got her asleep. That lasted 25 minutes or so....just until the food arrived. Casey took over and did his version of the M dance while I scarfed down my food. We switched spots, but Madelyn wasn't having it! I found myself in the Chinese restaurant bathroom...standing so I wouldn't touch anything....nursing! Because it was a one seater (and I was slightly disguised) we quickly said good-bye and made our way to the car so Madelyn could finish her dinner! Casey and I had planned to go grab a drink (something we haven't done in almost a year!) afterwards while my parents watched Madelyn, but by the time we made it back to my parents, sleep sounded better!

The weather was beautiful all weekend. Saturday was Lydia Wixom's 1st birthday party and we planned to attend. My parents had plans, and Casey headed over to his parents to help his Dad with yard work while I waited for Madelyn to wake up from her nap! Can you believe she slept for almost 3 hours in her bassinet? She NEVER does that at home. I sat out on the deck alone enjoying the nice weather with not much else to do! Why don't you sleep like that at home honey when I have a full to do list!?! Getting a nice long nap was nice and when we did make it to the party she was a happy little lady. She was passed around and met lots of other lil' babes. Jon and Dana put on such a nice party for Lydia. Good food, great weather, and fabulous company. We're so blessed to have such great friends in our life!

I took pictures with my mom's camera as I forgot mine...when she sends them to me I'll update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment