Monday, May 31, 2010

The BEST place in the whole wide world

I spend a lot of my day holding Madelyn. Mostly because I LOVE it. Partly because she demands it. I can't get over what a special time in life this. I want to savor it, burn it into my memory, make it last forever. I stare at her. I analyze every inch of her body. I want to believe she smiles so much because I spend so much time smiling at her. I love her with every part of my being. She is beyond beautiful to me...she is perfection. I wonder if she will ever not amaze me. My body grew her, it nourishes and sustains her life, and it soothes her like nothing else. The other day Casey came into the room as Madelyn slept on my chest. He commented on how peaceful she looked. I stated that it was because she was at one of her most favorite places in the whole world. Casey looked at me and said, "No Laura. It is THE favorite place in the whole world." I keep thinking about that as a snuggle with her. There is not ONE single place in the world she'd rather be. It's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment