Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Happy 2nd Birthday Caroline!


The eve of your second birthday

Trip to the zoo


My sweet sweet Caroline,

       Tomorrow you turn two years old.  I can hardly believe it.  You are the very most perfect version of two!  You are silly.  You are loving. You are smart. The world is your playground and you are  showing us that you learn something new every single day.  I love this age, and I love you my beautiful little girl.  Let me tell you about your perfect self!
       You love elephants.  You sleep with your lovey and an assortment of blankets and stuffed animals.  We think we lost your original lovey when you and I went for a run about a month ago.  Papa took you to Target and you picked out a 'Big Lovey" and you've never looked back.  You love it.  You call all elephants lovey and the excitement in your voice when you spot an elephant (aka "a lovey!") is unlike any other.  I pray this memory of your sweet little voice is burned into my memory forever.   Speaking of lovey, leads me to your 'baby' (pacifier).  You love it too.  I believe you started calling it baby when I tried to explain that pacifiers were for babies and that you are a big girl.  You insist that you are still a baby.  I have said that your second birthday is when we are giving up the pacifier.  I'm not looking forward to seeing you miss it.
        You love dancing and music, and any television show that wraps these two into one.  You may be a little obsessed.  You call one show EE-I-EE-I-O (Mother Goose Club) and Up Above (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star).  You know the latest dance move - flossing.  In fact, you learned it at about 18 months old from just watching your brother and sister.  You watch them all the time.  Madelyn is constantly kicking, handstanding, and leaping.  You watch her and try to do it too.  Watching you try a handstand is pretty darn funny.  You love jumping on the bed and doing 5 Little Monkeys. 
       You are a little parrot and repeat everything you hear.  Good and bad.  About 2 months ago  you told me to "shut up" in context.  I didn't think anyone said that in our house, until I realized your brother and sister sneak that in during their arguments from time to time. I couldn't help but bust out laughing.  I've had to do some serious work on having a "No, we use kind words." reaction rather than laughing. You are putting together 4-5 word sentences and surprising with new words daily, appropriate ones at that!
        You are a maniac in the water.  You jump from the side of our pool.  You go underwater and you have a blast jumping in the fountains at the water park/splash pads.  Nana has told me more than once that you are the most fearless child when she takes you.  She said you are the one other parents point out when encouraging their child to take more risks.  The shower is another great source of play. You hop in our rain shower and bounce around in the freezing shower as your brother and sister stand outside waiting for the water to warm up.
         You are opinionated about your footwear.  You let me dress you everyday, but you often have a different idea about shoes.  Or more specifically, your rain boots.  You usually opt to wear them on hot humid days (which I think must be extremely uncomfortable considering you are barefoot).  But on at least one occasion, you came across some puddles, and it was all worth it.  You had a blast jumping in them as we waited for Madelyn to finish up swim practice.
           Which leads me to another of your amazing qualities, you are so good at going with the flow. You go to soccer practice, swim meets, Mom and Dad's social outings and you roll with it.  You have been more places with me and had more experiences because you are easy to bring along!
            You are silly.  Lately you have been into playing hide and seek - even if I am holding you.  You'll close your eyes and announce, "I hidin." I laugh as I carry you and pretend I don't know where you are.  You open your eyes and say, "Peek a-boo."  You love being laughed at.  And tickled. 
            You are adored.  Everyone loves you.  Your brother and sister are very good to you.  We have had to talk to them about not giving in to every one of your demands because you can be a tad bit sassy.  For example, you don't like if one of the big kids sits on my lap.  You demand to get on and say, "My mama." 
          Using chalk, painting, and coloring are all favorites.  You always ask for someone to draw you loveys and are amazing at remembering who is who - Mommy Lovey, Daddy Lovey, etc. 
            You went potty on the potty for the first time - at Madelyn's swim meet of all places.  I am hoping you can beat your brother and sister on this skill and be in underwear before 2.5 like they were.
           You love your time with Nana and Papa and take every advantage of bossing them around.  You're an amazing eater and sleeper.  You and James are now roommates and it's going very well.  You wake him up every morning and he gets you out of your crib.  Both your brother and sister love helping.  Madelyn helps you in the shower and relishes in getting you ready for bed on her own....you are her living doll.
            You are the sweetest most wonderful blessing to our family.  I'm so sad your time as a one year old is over, but I am so excited to see all that you will learn and the places you'll go as a 2 year old.  You are destined for great things my beauty. 
            I love you more than words could ever adequately express.  May you always know how special you truly are.

Love,
Mama


                                                    
                                       I love your mischievous little smirk with the original lovey.
                                          This was Madelyn's very favorite dress as a 2 year old.

                                           
                                We went to Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan with Joe and Jessica, Taylor                                                                      and Ethan, and Nana and Papa.

                                                         
                                               Your first of numerous Brewer Games this season.
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment