Monday, February 19, 2018

Caroline is 16 months






                               
                                      Our sweet (and sassy) Caroline is 16 months!

Dear Caroline ~

Let me tell you all about your perfect little (BIG!) self.

- You love playing in the basement and are a complete wild woman in the bounce house.  Your brother and sister bounce you all over, and you can hardly stand up.  You go down the slide on your tummy and ask to get back in immediately.  You have taken to standing on the chairs and crawling onto the train table.  You play blocks, are doing imaginative play (oh my - you smarty!) by taking care of your babies, playing in the kitchen and pretending to make/eat food, and using the doctor kit.
- You like reading books - especially when you get to control the choice of book and which pages we look at.  You also have started ripping your books apart.
- You love getting into the toothbrushes and toothpaste and do all the necessary steps to brush! Although, I'd prefer you stop putting other people's toothbrushes in your mouth.
- Papa is your favorite human by far.  The kids were teasing you the other day when we were upstairs and telling you he was here.  You'd scoot down the stairs and run to the door.  You pick him over mom even!  I think it might be because he is wrapped around your tiny little finger!
- You love Elmo, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and want to play with your stuffed animals and watch them on TV.
- You dance by spinning around in circles, clapping, and flapping your arms for the Chicken Dance
- You love eating, still.  You are really into the squish pouches of applesauce and I commend you because you throw away the pouch when you are finished all on your own.  I keep trying to teach James to do this too!
- I try to have you take two naps a day still, but it is become a little bit of a gamble if you will or will not nap in the afternoon if you slept in the morning.
- You are so snuggling.  There is something so wonderful about your tiny arms wrapping tight around my neck and hugging me.  My heart melts as you pat my back when I pick you.  These are little tiny gestures but the fact that you already know how to show love lets me know how often you receive it!  I adore watching you care for your dolls knowing you learned by having so much affection in your life.
- You have recently enjoyed trips to the Children's Museum, swim meets (of course), basketball games, restaurants, and of course - the grocery store - Papa's favorite place to take you!
- You are trying to imitate us and learn new words.  You say, Mama, Dada, Papa, Nana, more, all done, go, up, wave bye bye, and point and grunt a lot.  I think you are probably trying to say more than we actually understand.  You show us all the time how smart you are and seem to understand everything we are saying to you!

You thought it was really fun to climb into this basket. 
Helping out with the dishes.  When I do them myself - you often stand in between me and the cabinets and push me away.  You want to be held a lot. 



Caroline watching you learn and grow is one of the most wonderful things I will do in my life.  My heart holds so much love for you my sweet sweet girl.

Love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment