Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The little things

My mind doesn't rest much. I like to plan, to dream, to think, rethink, discuss, and think some more. Lately I've felt slightly distracted with my own thoughts!

I go to bed every night thinking about being more present, more eye contact with my loved ones, more play time and less work on my mental checklist. I feel like I did well this weekend. 

The kids and I went sledding at Whitnell park. It was a steep hill covered in ice with a pond at the bottom. To say I was a nervous mom would be an understatement. I gave the lesson of rolling off the sled if there were trees or a pond in the path. Madelyn, probably sensing my worry, was rolling off mid hill. James, on the other hand, was in heaven. I could barely make it up or down the hill without slipping, and he was carrying the sled up and hopping on for ride after ride. Madelyn rode a few times before she called it a day! I think we'll wait for fresh snow before heading out again!! 

Sully and Margot spent the night Saturday and we had a glow stick dance party. 

And I made time to start a book that has been on my night stand for months! I decided I am not going to get lost on social media and my phone for hours anymore. My friend told me she heard the average 30 year old checks email/social media 45 times per day. Ugh. I can't care about other people's lives more than my own can I??? I refuse to live like I do! Here's to making documentation of our lives a priority again!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment