Friday, November 6, 2015

35 years of me!

Something about turning 35 years old makes me feel old. I've always felt young. Maybe it was my work picture I just had done. It turned out fine, but I look like a middle aged woman, not the youthful young adult I picture in my mind. Maybe it's the fact that I've reached the age that I vowed I'd be done having babies. I'm not sure, but there's something about being closer to 40 than 30 that burns. Thankfully my family made my birthday sweet. 

The day before my birthday, Casey took James to his first basketball practice, and Madelyn took me shopping. My kids make wish lists nonstop! So I thought it was darling that Casey suggested Madelyn go shopping with me to make mine! And you know what? Making wish lists is a lot of fun!! 

Sunday morning (my birthday) started with us going to church. Casey isn't regular like the kids and I are, and we all loved having him there! The kids were vying to sit by him. He looked at me and said this happens like never! When the kids went to Sunday School, Casey and I headed to Rocket Baby for coffee and pastries. 

Waiting for my chai latte! 

We all headed to Blue's Egg for lunch then. After taking Madelyn to Blue's for her 4th birthday she got it in her head that Blue's is the birthday place. I think it's the Monkey Bread! I agree sweetie. Top notch choice! Casey and the kids had went back shopping and they gave me gifts throughout the afternoon! The knocked a lot off that wish list! One of my favorites being:



It was too beautiful of a day not to head out! We went to Seven Bridges in Grant park. It's amazing to me to think of all of the places left for us to explore in our area, and I've lived here 10 years! 

It was beautiful! 

We stopped to climb this tree and look out at Lake Michigan. I decided here, it doesn't matter how old I am. My life is filled with beauty. How lucky am I to have time to climb trees, people to laugh with, a home that I love. If life keeps getting sweeter, bring it on!  



No comments:

Post a Comment