Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Madelyn starts K5

 I really thought I was going to make it.  I thought I was going to send Madelyn to Kindergarten without crying.  She went to preschool.  She went to K4.  I've done this.  I can do it, I thought.  I put Madelyn to bed and walked downstairs to find this set up from Casey.  My heart melted. 
Then I packed her lunch.  Ugh.  She's going to eat lunch there 5 days a week.  So many more days then she's going to eat lunch at home.  I lost it.  I cried the entire time I packed her lunch.  Then I plotted how I could go visit her during lunch.  You see, Madelyn is going to school at MY school, where I work. There was a time when I was unsure if this was the best idea.  I didn't know if we should overlap this part of our lives, but now that we're doing it.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  I'm sure this could change, but thinking of sending her off to school, all I could think was how lucky am I, that I get to be such a part of it all.
 So grown up looking and so stinkin' cute!
 I'm always amazed by James.  He truly gets excited for Madelyn and her 'firsts'.  He'll get his turn in just a few days, but on this day, he really let it be all about her.

 Miah lives across the street from us, but this is the first time they met.
 Madelyn joined her class and got into line.  She flashed smiles at me and was confident and excited.
 And off they went....and I followed her in.  I was grateful for sunglasses at this point. It wasn't sobs, but tears.
Her teacher, Mrs. Rosemeyer, sent this photo.  She is incredible.  Madelyn really is going to have the best year.

I did stop in to say hi to Madelyn during lunch.  Her face lit up when I walked in.  She was sitting at the table of Kindergarteners.  They all sat together, yet ate silently.  I then started talking to another teacher and couldn't help but tear up again.  I think it's a combination of just loving her so so much and being so proud of the little girl she is.  Now I have to share her and a lot of her time.  In one breath, I want to, because I know how great she'll be, but at the same time, I don't want to.  I want her to be little and mine forever.  Throughout the day teachers came to me and told me how cute she is.  Someone even came to show me a picture of her they took for another student's communication board. I relished in it.  The first week of school is slow for me and multiple times my mind went to her.  I exhibited self control and keep myself where I needed to be and she was beyond fine.  Holding her hand at the end of the day and walking to my office to pick up, might be the highlight of my day for awhile though.

Madelyn I hope you have a wonderful Kindergarten year.  I hope your mind grows and friendships are born.  I hope your kindness, tender heart, and wonderful ideas shine. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment