Thursday, September 17, 2015

Jay starts preschool

 I couldn't be anything other than excited about James going to school.  He was elated!  And I was really excited for him to get his turn.  I've always been amazed by James' ability to let Madelyn have the spotlight for so many firsts.  He wholeheartedly congratulates her, stands by her side, and cheers her on.  My heart was happy to watch him relish in his turn!  James is fun, funny, and full of ideas.  I've watched him exhibit kindness (and wildness).  I can't wait to see what school is like for him.  Ready or Not!! Here he comes Greendale Playschool!

I worked a half day and came home so I could experience the joy of taking him to school for the first time.  I was plenty early to pick him up, and he was standing at the front door with his bag over his shoulder.  When I walked in, his first words were, "Let's go to school Mom!"  My dad said he had been looking out the window in great anticipation just waiting for my arrival. His confidence and eagerness were both refreshing and admirable. 

 I'm amazed by how big my baby has gotten.  

 James proudly marched into the classroom and immediately felt right at home.  I signed up for snacks and parent helper responsibilities while he chit chatted with his teacher, Mrs. Martens.  

James really enjoyed playing with these lego like vehicles.  He also did a sorting activity, listened to Spot Goes to School and did circle time.  He told the teacher he was '1' year old when asked.  I'm not certain why this age question is so tough for him! Room for growth for the year, perhaps!
Day two and James was bringing home his own projects.  His teacher said he already had a made a friend, Cain, too. 

It's fun to watch him be successful and have his own experience.  Up until this point, all of his friends have been ones Madelyn or I have picked for him.  He's such a social little guy that he's always ran with it, but I'm happy he's going to have a world all of his own now!  I know he's going to shine!


No comments:

Post a Comment