Saturday, February 21, 2015

James turns 3!


The eve of J's third birthday!  It's always a night filled with excitement and a little bit of sadness.  Especially with James.  It's the realization that it's my last night with a 2 year old.
James woke up bright and early, per usual, and noticed his presents hidden in the living room within 2 minutes!
Gosh does he ever look like a three year old!

That afternoon we celebrated with all of James' friends. Super hero style, per his request!
Captain America's shield
Spiderman Oreo pops!


Chocolate covered popcorn
My favorite Super heroes!
James was so excited about his cake.  He sat here for a good ten minutes taking it all in!  (Those masks involved a lot of manual labor!  I traced and cut them all out.  My mom did the sewing.  They turned out adorable though!)
The kids loved the bounce house.
Spraying the bad guy with Spiderman's web.
 All the kids got a chance with the silly string!  Papa was such a good sport being our bad guy.  He took all he could until the chemical fumes from the silly string took over.  Who knew silly string was so stinky!?
 Happy birthday!  We had to sing two times.  My nephew Nolan missed the first rendition and came into the dining room crying.
It's always a little crazy, but I think we have the best friends and family.  Everyone seems to put up with, maybe even enjoy, the craziness.
Checking out the 'flyer'.
Trying out his new toys with his buddy, Will.

Dear James,

You are three years old!  I can't believe it.  You bring us such laughter.  I've never met a little guy with such a sense of humor.  You can be very sweet, very challenging, and very loving.  Let me tell you about your three year old self!

            -  You love superheros.  Watching them on the iPad, playing with your large collection, and pretending to be one are all favorite activities. 
            -  Shopping a Target is a huge highlight.  You could spend hours there.  It turns out that superheroes are in almost every. single. aisle.  You've actually probably saved us a great deal of money because I only go to Target when it is absolutely necessary now.  Your wish list is unbelievably long after any stop we make.  (Papa took you to Toys R Us a few weeks ago.  You spent 90 minutes shopping until you told Papa you were 'dizzy' and need to go home.)
            -  You love little figurines and setting them up, sleeping with them, and putting them inside other things (like a teapot, a vehicle, or a 'surprise egg')
           -  Jumping off furniture, whacking things with a bat, and being chased are more favorites
           - You love books that have humor.  I've read Don't Eat the Baby, Pigeon Wants a Puppy, and Pirates Don't Change Diapers way too many times!
          -  You are a master negotiator and will try to work anything to your advantage.  Here are some things you told me just today.  While at the Rapunzel play, which you decided you didn't like, you said, "Mom.  I'm putting on my coat and leaving.  I can't be here.  They say bad words like weird and hate."  After taking a drink of my water, because drink or food belonging to someone else is infinitely better than your own, I said to hand it back to me.  You said, "No.  You'll spill on the coach.  I put it on the table here.  I just helping you." 
         -  You also like to say, "Look at my face.  I'm not very happy with you."  (This one might be modeled for you fairly frequently!)
        -  You love, love, love your sister.
        -  You are an awesome swimmer and love the water. 
        -  You go to bed well and are far more flexible with your routine than someone else who lives in this house; however, you wake up between 5-6am most days and are super crabby.  You cry in my face and want me to get out of bed immediately.  I am never fast enough for you.
        -  You have a sweet tooth.  You like to snack all day long.  Although you've been potty trained for well over 4 months, you still try to get a reward for peeing.  
        -  You are so ticklish.

James you are my joy!  I love busting out laughing with you.  I hope you are always so happy and silly.  Watching you learn and grow is nothing short of the very best.  You challenge me and bring me joy, sometimes within seconds of each other.  While I hate that you are getting farther and farther from being a baby, I am so excited to see what kind of boy and young man you'll turn into, because I just know you are destine for greatness!  I love you to the moon and back and all around the world!

xoxo,
Mommy

Three years old, but forever my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment