Monday, June 30, 2014

James saves the day!

We we getting ready to head to Nolan's birthday party in Janesville when Madelyn noticed the neighbors outside. She asked to go out to play, so I took her outside while J played on the iPad. I grabbed the diaper bag from the car and headed back inside, except the door from the garage to the house that I had just exited was now locked! The handle must have been locked by someone at some other time. I quickly check all other doors. All locked. 

I pounded on the living room window yelling to J to open the door to the garage. He came over to the window looked at me and climbed back on the couch. Oh no!

Then I yelled, "James, mommy needs help!" He jumped up. I told him to open the door. He did immediately!

I told him he saved the day! His first real Superhero move! He was so proud! 

Everyday I am more amazed with his ability to follow directions. And on this day (6/28), I was ever so grateful! Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment