St. Nicholas brought candy and Christmas books!
Madelyn put her shoes out and then decided she rather put out her boots. Just in case, St. Nick needed some more room.
The kids loved decorating the Christmas tree. As I put the lights on, Madelyn told me, "It's taking forever!"
Making Christmas treats for Madelyn's teachers. They were able to make these chocolate pretzel bites almost entirely on their own. Score.
Madelyn explained in detail what she wanted for Christmas: a train table, a magnetic board, Berenstain bear books
Casey's work party was a family event. Santa visted. James is not so sure about Santa. Or reindeer. Or any adult in a costume. He kept a close eye on them.
Naughty and Nice
Madelyn was in the church performance of the Christmas Story. She sang 'Away in the Manger'. I was so proud of her!
I learned my lesson for trying to put out a few wrapped gifts prior to Christmas. Every time I turned my back James was opening gifts.
Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Evenson's home.
James was all about trucks this Christmas. He couldn't have been happier to receive a truck and a car.
He is my happy go lucky little man!
I have never lost sight of how lucky I am to have my grandparents and for my children to know them. They continue to amaze me with their 'youthfulness'.
This was the Christmas of trains.
This was the first year in my life that I had not woken up at my parents house on Christmas morning. Joe was home the weekend prior so we went to Janesville and celebrated with my parents and him. Change and the creation of new traditions can be difficult, but I was so excited for our kids to wake up at their own house on Christmas morning!
Making cookies for Santa. He told Madelyn peanut butter are his favorite. I loved that these lil worker elves could do the annoying job of unwrapping all of the chocolates!
Madelyn said Santa should have 11 cookies. 11 is her favorite number, hands down. Anything that could have a number has 11. Like, she takes a long nap for 11 minutes.
Santa visited and brought a train table. Madelyn wanted to know how Santa knew to put the trains Madelyn already had on the table. Saying goodbye to Moxie wasn't so easy for Madelyn, but the gifts helped!
Playing with more trains!
The world's biggest gift bag holding one of my favorite gifts of all time!!
Second cousins! Casey's mom's siblings always gather on Christmas Day. It was a fun and crazy time. The kids taught Madelyn how to play bingo. Madelyn learned how to read two digit numbers in the matter of minutes. She amazed a lot of people. She loves playing with girls a few years older than her and hung in the basement with the 'teenagers' as she called them for most of the night!
I will remember this Christmas for my kids' pure excitement. Their joy for giving and receiving. Trains. Cars. Flashlights (Madelyn told everyone this was the best gift she received). Mixed feelings toward Santa. And love of family.
I will remember this Christmas for my kids' pure excitement. Their joy for giving and receiving. Trains. Cars. Flashlights (Madelyn told everyone this was the best gift she received). Mixed feelings toward Santa. And love of family.





No comments:
Post a Comment