Friday, January 25, 2013

Girls Christmas Party

I was able to get together with my highschool girlfriends for our annual Christmas Party.  This year's gathering was in Janesville.  We had dinner at a super club, The Buckhorn.  YUM! So many things haven't changed.  Addie ordered an appetizer and a main course consisting of a whole lot of shrimp.  The cocktails were present.  The laughs plentiful.   We went out for a few drinks afterward each of us wanting to make the night last; however, by midnight our age started to show and the yawning was contagious!  It was a rather mellow night in comparison to years in the past!  It amazes me how we have defeated the odds of keeping high school friendships strong and how our lives have changed so greatly.  It seems like just yesterday we were living at 211 S. Mills St in Madison (7 of us pictured called that place home!)   For the first time, I felt that there was so much for us to catch up on, and I left a little saddened that I have been somewhat absent over the past few months in these friendships.  There's no particular reason.  Life is busy.  My family, home, and work are consuming a lot of me right now.  Spending a night with these ladies is always a fresh breath of air and a comforting reminder of the support and love surrounding me.  Reminiscing of carefree times with minimal responsibility is just what a busy momma needs every so often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment