Friday, May 27, 2011

Memories from Nana and Papa

My parents have spent the last 10 months (off and on) commuting to Milwaukee to watch Madelyn. They have jumped at every chance to be with our sweetie and took care of her while we were in Europe. I love hearing the updates from them as to what occurred while I was away. Sometimes they notice the littlest details....things that are such a part of our daily life, that I don't always remember to take note. So again, I am thankful.

While we were in Europe, we received these updates:

March 26, 2010:
Hi Mom and Dad
Last night I went out for Mexican I ordered a children's meal, enchilada with beans and rice it was great. I like the restaurant everyone wanted to talk to me. I made friends with the lady behind me and I kept turning around and smiling at her. Today great grandma and grandpa are coming over to see me. I slept in to 6:00 this morning and had a good breakfast and now it's time to play. Hope you are having a good time with Uncle Joe and Aunt Jessica.
Love Madelyn
March 27th, 2010:
Another good day...Grandma Murray came over to visit today. Madelyn is practicing her stairs today. She has been just a little magpie and speaks her words more and more clearly all the time. She didn't make it to church, she was just too tired. more later! Mom
.

March 29th, 2010
Maddie definitely sleeps better at home. After a great 2 hour nap in the afternoon, she went to bed at 6:30 PM. She goofed around for awhile and was asleep around 7 PM. She woke up at 4:30 as usual. The difference is though, at our house she cries hysterically and just gets more and more revved up. So, I have gone in to her then. We sit and rock until at least 5 AM. But at your house when she woke up, she was really just yelling, not really crying at all. So I waited for awhile and just as you said, she laid back down and went to sleep until 6:00 AM.Yay!! Maybe we haven't destroyed her sleep habits yet!

I am loving the ability to go places with her. I will have to think about what we do today. If it is warm enough, maybe we will just stroll somewhere. I can see why she doesn't wear her pink jacket anymore. It is really getting too small for her.

We played around the house this morning. I love how she dances when she plays her musical toys! That has to just be innate, don't you think? Madelyn did enjoy her own bed today and took a 2 hour nap! Then we had a little snack and then went to run our errands. I did get Casey's check deposited today. I tried to teach Madelyn how to ring the bell on the counter at the bank, but it may take a few more lessons. Then we went to the domes and had a great time. We went in the tropical dome first and noticed the fish and birds and the high, high ceilings. Then we went in the desert dome, but the absolute highlight was the last dome. They have miniature railroad trains running through all the flowers and plants. They have a viewing area with a railing that is about 18 inches high, just perfect for a little girl to stand at, bounce around, walk up and down. She was delighted. But then of course, she grabbed my hands and away we went walking all over the dome. Practice, practice, practice! She was fascinated with the dirt and bark too. There were several parents with little ones enjoying the dome. Madelyn made friends with a little 2 yr old.

I think carrying a 22 pound baby around and picking her up numerous times, has to be great weight training and wonderful for building up your bones. I just watched Bridget Jones Diary which I thought was good preparation for our trip to London. That's it for today! Love you, M

April 1, 2010:
We are having a blast. Mary stop over Thursday and her and Madelyn had a great time. Madelyn played the piano for her and they played with her toys while I took care of the dogs. Friday we all (3 dogs and 2 adults) left for Milwaukee in you car. Madelyn and grandma took me to the domes to see the trains and flowers. Madelyn was tired so we didn't stay long we came home for a nap. We went to lakefront for dinner (Madelyn recommended the place) we forgot her cup so she drank from a plastic cup... she really like that. She always smiling and having fun what ever we do with her. I can't wait to see her smile when you both get back.

April 2nd, 2010:
Laura and Casey, here are more tidbits on Maddie...

  • During one of her naps, she pulled all the clothes out of her clothes basket and had them all in the crib with her. busy, busy, busy
  • At Alterra restaurant, I already mentioned that everyone thought she was adorable. However, she almost got thrown out (just kidding ). You know how close all the tables are, Maddie reached onto the neighboring table to try and help herself to their food. Fortunately, they just laughed. The young man, Jonas, told her she was beautiful and she flirted with him shamelessly. Then later, she then started throwing eggs around and almost hit guests on the other side of the table.
  • In the same restaurant, we talked to this lady when we came in to the restaurant. She saved her table for us to take. Maddie lost her shoe and I didn't notice. this same lady came up with her shoe and told me, "your little girl is very smart. When her shoe fell off she yelled and pointed to it, but you didn't notice". Really??
  • I had a very bad grandma moment...I thought that this little cup in my basket was applesauce and fed it to Maddie. She cried out so I tasted it myself and found out it was salsa. Sorry!! She was fine though and kept right on eating.
  • Madelyn is starting to let me read all the words in the book and seems to enjoy it!
OK, that is all I can think of for now. Have a safe trip! See you tomorrow! Mom

May 26, 2010:

I forgot to tell you...yesterday Madelyn found a bread twisty on the floor (wire thing to close the package). She picked it up and immediately brought it to my attention. It was just like she was saying, "quick! Take this, I am not suppose to have these!". :) Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment