Four generations
Before I was a Mom, I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,I had never been puked on.
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of
Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.
Being a mother has to be one of life's greatest blessings. Madelyn started giving hugs this week. Real hugs. Tiny arms wrapped around my neck. She'll be playing. Then out of no where, she'll come and crawl into my lap. Her arms squeeze me and she bounces in delight. There is no greater feeling. This was the BEST gift I could have received!
Meeting a baby goat! They were so cute. They acted like puppies!
Point to the sheep!
She took her first steps last week. She was in the kitchen and wanted me to help her walk somewhere. I noticed she was very well balanced so I pried my fingers away, backed up a few feet, and encouraged her over. She took 4-5 steps into my arms. Madelyn has repeated it a few times, but she still prefers to have an escort!
Saturday we toured two farms. They were so cool. They were organic, one was vegetarian (LOVE), and they were both interested in renewable energy. This is how farming is supposed to be in MHO! Madelyn met many animals including this little lamb! She LOVES sheep.
I played the Mother's Day trump card and insisted that everyone play dominoes with me. Every time we 'washed' them, Cosmo jumped on the table to help!
This was the best Mother's Day shot we got. Madelyn did not want to cooperate.
We cooked out on Sunday at Tom and Mary's. It was gorgeous out.....maybe 80 degrees in the sun! I wasn't prepared for this and didn't have a hat for Madelyn. Luckily she had on her scarf! Volia! Problem solved!

No comments:
Post a Comment