Monday, December 20, 2010

Time to Party!

Casey was off work this week and got to play Mr. Mom. I knew he'd do a super job; however, this was the longest stretch of time he'd spent with Madelyn alone. It was nice for Daddy to get to see how much joy it is to spend all day with our baby girl AND to see how much work taking care of Madelyn is! It's the best work....don't get me wrong, but now he realizes why I sometimes don't get projects completed as quickly as I'd like. When I got home from work he told me about how she was into EVERYTHING and how he couldn't take his eye off her for a second....sounds about right! Casey was able to witness a new milestone. Madelyn pulled up to standing for the first time. He said she was sitting on the floor while he was having lunch. She used the coffee table to push up and went right after his chicken sandwich. Little girl is a CHOW HOUND!

Feed me!

The first thing Madelyn does when in her exeraucer is yank this flower out! Every. Time.

Sitting like a big girl in a rocking chair! Grandma and Grandpa fighting over Madelyn!
Grandpa is on dog duty 24/7. Mayzie gets her teeth brushed.

Standing with her new toy


1st Bubble Bath

Saturday night we went on the 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Bar crawl. About 20 of us loaded a school bus and traveled around the city. This is the second school bus bar crawl I've been on in the last month....making up for lack of school bus rides over the last 10yrs I guess!

Santa (the organizer of the fun) jots down everyone's Christmas wish (request for which bars to stop at)!

It was a fun night. Getting three hours of sleep to get up with Madelyn at 5:45 am....not so much fun! I think I'm getting old. I would have much rather been asleep in my bed from 12am on! That would have been a long enough night for me!!

Sunday morning we went to my parents' church (the church I grew up in), Faith Lutheran. My mom was telling the Christmas Story to the Sunday school children and Madelyn was her prop.

Madelyn waiting for her big part in the story. She's playing with a baby Jesus.

The children listening to the story


Family photo op


Checking out the poinsettia Great Grandma and Great Grandpa donated in honor of me


After church, we went to breakfast. Santa was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment