Sunday, December 12, 2010

Baby it's Cold Outside



Milwaukee was bracing for a BLIZZARD this weekend. The city itself really missed out on the snow....maybe an inch or two was all that we received. Major let down! The temperature and winds were crazy though. The wind chill was around zero. We didn't venture out much!

Saturday morning we had breakfast at restaurant in the neighborhood next to ours. I have went by this place hundreds of times. I CAN NOT believe we just tried it out for the first time now. Boy, we have been missing out. It was delicious, homemade, real food. The decor was right up my alley...leather couches, old windows hanging from the ceiling, chalk board menu. My chai tea was served in a mason jar. It was great. This was the first time we just ordered off the menu for Madelyn too. I can't believe how my baby girl is growing. She sat in the high chair and chowed down.

Madelyn is becoming a pro at the army crawl. She will go from the living room to her room and back. Tonight Madelyn scooted her naked self from her room all the way to the bathroom. She follows me around and pulls at my pant legs. She has been rather attached to me lately. She likes to be in the same room at all times. Today she woke up from her nap, and I was finishing up P9ox (ugh...tough). I would have preferred not to have an audience, but Casey and her watched. Madelyn was waiting (semi) patiently for momma's embrace.


Madelyn helped with the laundry by emptying the basket.

Laundry finished! Play time!


Bath Time!

Other updates:
- Madelyn loves swim lessons. She squeals in delight when we walk into the pool area.
- Madelyn is a thumb sucker now. In the last two weeks or so, she started sucking her thumb whenever it's nearing sleepy time. As a Speech therapist, I really didn't want her to do this, but I'm not going to tug her thumb out of her mouth either. I'm going to just cross my fingers that it doesn't mess up her dentition!
- Madelyn USUALLY takes two naps. She's never established the 3rd one despite how hard I've tried. There are days where she still will play in her crib for an hour or so, and then cry bloody murder to get out.
- Madelyn goes to bed at 6pm and falls asleep easily! Everyone told me how much I'd love this...and I DO! She usually wakes up sometime between 4-5:30am. If she is able to nurse, she then sleeps until 6 or 6:30am. If I leave her, she gets VERY angry and will cry until wake up time....6am. I have to say I'm ready for her to not wake me up during this 12 hour stretch. I often turn the monitor off and close our bedroom door.
- This past week Madelyn has greatly improved her pincher grasp. It was amazing really. Last week in church we were giving her puffs to keep her busy. She got very few in her mouth. Fast forward a few days and she's an expert! She really loves feeding herself. This week's finger foods included of peas, sweet potatoes, crackers, toast and shredded cheese.
- Madelyn has now eats chicken, beef, salmon, tofu, and eggs, in addition to every fruit and veggie you can imagine. Beets are still the only food she refuses to eat.
- She didn't finish all of her bottles for Grandma and Grandpa this week. Originally, I thought it was due to a little cold. However, I'm wondering if she's starting to wean herself. She is still nursing about 4 times a day but sometimes for only 5 minutes. Again....I can't believe how she's growing up!
- I can confidently say that Madelyn is an easy baby!

1 comment:

  1. Laura- she is growing too fast! She is so pretty and I wish we could see her this Christmas. We miss you guys very much and I love reading these posts and seeing pictures of her! :) I think she will be more than ready for her big debut at our wedding! :D

    ReplyDelete