Thursday, April 28, 2016

Apples and trees

Sometimes Madelyn does things and there is no question in my mind, she got that from me. Tonight was one of those nights! If was party planning central.

The kids and I use to have dance parties in their rooms before bedtime a lot and for some reason, we haven't had one in a  long time. Tonight we renewed the habit and boogied down to Uptown Funk. Madelyn busted out some awesome moves! Maybe she is learning something in dance! Anyhow, I cut the party short in their minds, so I suggested we pick up where we left off Saturday. We have no plans, I said, "Let me invite you to a dance party!"

Madelyn's face lit up. "Mom, I'll make the invitations!" 

She was off to her room! Next thing I knew, we all received an invite!


Mine was addressed to Mom and baby. Be still my heart. It might burst with love right now. 

Meanwhile, my little lady is making a party agenda. She looks up, "Mom, can we make cookies and make it a real party." Of course, my love! 

I RSVP'd yes and her face again lit up, "Mom! Everyone can come! You, Dad, and James!" 

How could I want anything more for a Saturday night?! I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment