For Taylor's first birthday, all of Taylor's relatives gathered in Union Pier Michigan at an old farm house. It was such a fun weekend celebrating this little lady's first birthday!
It was the first time since Christmas that the cousins had been reunited!
Friday we headed to Lake Michigan. The waves were out and the water was chilly. My kids swam in the 'puddle' near the water. Safer and warmer, in my opinion.
We headed out around lunch time. And decided to head to the dunes!
My parents, the kids, and I headed to Saugatuck to go on a Dune Buggy ride. It was a blast. The college aged men were hilarious and made jokes throughout the ride. James then tried to make his own jokes. "Look there's a witch." (We're all confused.) "It's just a joke."
They stopped to let us walk a dune. It was hard work climbing back up!
Love these two so much!
Making memories
This might be my favorite shot of the weekend. The tour guides were joking that the snakes would crawl up in the trees and could land on us at any time. Then they spotted a Michigan Rubberback. James about jumped out of his seat.
We had Oinks for dessert!
And S'mores (James in desperate need of a haircut. Sorry buddy!)
Joe and Jessica planned a wonderful celebration for Taylor
Complete with matching dresses for the girls. Taylor did many costumes changes throughout the day.
Love this one of the two girls in their matching dresses! Madelyn was so excited that she could carry Taylor.
Casey joined us on Friday after work.
Jessica made all the pom poms and her friend did the banner. It was awesome!
Traditional Korean shoes and headband.
Taylor opening gifts in her Traditional gown.
Everyone voted on which object Taylor would pick that would predict her future. I went with the golf ball, not necessarily because I think she'll be athletic (although maybe she will be!), mostly because it seemed like the most interesting object to a baby! I was correct!
Cousin love!
Being silly!
Playing croquet
James with a mallet. On my.
Lots of opportunities for family shots!
Group shot before we departed for our respective homes!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of my family out kayaking and Casey and I sneaking away for a beer!

No comments:
Post a Comment