I've shopped for houses for years. Long before moving was even a real priority. Then this Spring, I saw a house online that made me jump into action. I had to see it. Looking back, that house needed so so much work, but it started our search, a real search for our place. Our home. We centered our search around Wauwatosa and Brookfield. We looked at beautifully decorated houses with old bones and painfully outdated ones with sound structure. We felt discoured by the limits of our rather large budget. Our realtor suggested we search suburbs slightly further from the City of Milwaukee. It made sense in all regards except that it would pull me further from my work. At the point, it became painfully obvious that, we'd be fools not to consider the suburbs surrounding my work.
I saw a two year old house list in Franklin. I decided to drive by it. Just see what it looked like and the neighborhood. It was nice. It didn't feel special though. I turned the corner and thought, "Now that is a beautiful house." And omg! It's for sale. I pulled over and scoured the internet. I found nothing. As it turned out, I had found it before it went live online.
We scheduled a showing for Saturday. We never made it. We ended up in the ER with James' smashed pinky. We went the next day though, and were impressed with what we saw!
I'll admit. In true Laura fashion, I agonized over the decision. The sellers were difficult and a friend was considering bidding against us. In hindsight, I think I was guarding myself and not letting myself fall in love only to be crushed if it didn't work out.
After all the paperwork, phone calls, and offers were finished, and we closed, I allowed myself to rejoice. I cried tears of joy, amazement, and disbelief as I walked thru the empty house. Our house.
We have lived here almost a month. I. Am. In. Love. Every time we pull into our drive I say, "I can't believe we live here."
The house has charm, character, quality craftsmanship, and a beautiful wooded yard. It is all we dreamed of and more!
We celebrated!
I love the stone exterior, red door, and all of the flowers!
I love this fireplace! It might be the only reason I am looking forward to chilly weather!
I have so much dinner prep room! Love it!
I feel so so lucky! I would be remiss not to thank all those who helped get us here! Casey and his nonstop work; Tom and Mary for feeding the hungry movers; the movers: Tim, Nic, Matt, and Scott, and my parents, who continue to give and give to us!! We are so so lucky to have you!






No comments:
Post a Comment