Last night as a 4 year old
Madelyn was excited to get a lawn chair to match her brothers. These will come in handy in a little over a week in Florida! Other gifts included clothes, KEENS, and swimsuits.
Papa brought an ice cream cake! Yummy!
Madelyn you are so loved!
Madelyn suggested this pose. We had tried and tried to get a shot with her eyes open. This pose did the trick!
Madelyn is looking so grown up.
Homemade snowballs
Cake pops
Madelyn had a nice little group of friends over to celebrate with her.
The girls table
The boys. It was a hard seating arrangement. Everyone wanted to sit together.
Birthday cake. Madelyn blew out four of the candles and had to huff and puff to get the last candle out.
The kids also shot silly string (Elsa's icy zap), played a snowball game, and bounced in the bounce house. They all had so much fun together. This was the first birthday party we had school friends over and children without their parents. It was a success!
Dearest Madelyn,
You are five years old, my sweet girl. You wanted a Frozen party, of course. Frozen has been a steady favorite since I took you to see it on your 4th birthday. Princesses, in general, have filled much of your last trip around the sun. Madelyn, I've never been one to call you a Princess, but you know you are mine.
You are kind. Your heart is huge. You think about how others feel. You do thoughtful things. You are constantly drawing us pictures. My favorites have our entire family walking hand in hand under a bright sun. Madelyn you are so smart. Your memory astounds me.
You love babies. You had your first non-family sleepover with Sully and Margot, and you were thrilled to get to spend time tending to Margot. You are good with babies too. You're going to make an excellent babysitter someday. I have to try not to laugh because when I am lecturing James you always jump in too. Poor guy has three parents.
We read a lot of Ramona Quimby this year. A. lot. And I enjoyed every second of it. I loved the Ramona books as a little girl and it's so fun to get to read them again with you!
I wish I would have counted but you easily ate Mac N Cheese 100 times over the past year. It continues to be a steady favorite. You are still opinionated about your clothing and really live for comfort.
You have made some really nice school friends. You talk about Emelia, Bella, Eva, Luca, and David quite a bit! Your teacher, Ms. Schmit, truly has nothing but positive things to say about your sweet little self. You brought home your report card for Trimester 2 today and you're already proficient (3) in all skill areas and are exceeding (4) in a number areas, especially work ethic and communication. Madelyn you are headed for great things. I hope you always feel proud of your accomplishments and know you are capable of achieving it all.
I laid next you in bed tonight and played you music to help you fall asleep. We listened to My Wish. I'll never forget driving to the doctor's office, pregnant with you, when this song came on. My wish for you Madelyn, will always be, that all of your dreams come true!
I love you to the moon and back and all the way around the world.
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment