It's so hard for me to believe that James is old enough to go to zoo classes. It feels like it was just a few months ago that I showed up with Madelyn (and newborn James) at this class (and got kicked out). Upon arrival James saw the first station which involved making a bird's nest complete with a plastic egg. James shouts out, "Ooh candy! Me sit here." He was disappointed that there was no candy and completed his project in record time.
James loved anything and everything that wasn't arts n crafts!
Like digging in the dirt for worms to feed baby birds.....awesome!
He thought painting was ok.
The very best part, in his opinion, was petting the chick. I told him that morning that he was going to pet a chicken (the perk of already attending the class...you know everything that is going to take place and you can bribe your child with that knowledge). It was all he could talk about, "Me. Pet. Chicken." It took him a whole 30 seconds to find the chicks hid under a towel in their cage. He is one smart little boy!
He was so excited to wear his wings (I may or may not have told him that they were Batman wings) around the classroom. When he wasn't flying around, he was hanging out with the chicks.
It was wonderful to spend time with James alone. I have guilt that he is number 2 and has had to share me (and his dad) his entire life. I know he knows life to be no different, but I do. I think of all the hours I spent sitting with Madelyn, playing, talking, and teaching her. I definitely do this with James too, but not to the extend that I did with Madelyn, so whenever I get time with just my Jaybird, it is treasured.





No comments:
Post a Comment