Sunday, October 20, 2013

20 Months Old



Dear James,

You are 20 months old!  You are a charmer.  You love to laugh and be silly.  You think it's hilarious to run away and be chased.  You hide in the closets.  The other day we were upstairs and you took off.  I headed downstairs and was calling your name.  I could hear you laughing and calling mama.  You had shut yourself in the upstairs closet!  I opened it up and wondered if you'd be a little scared being shut in the dark.  You had the biggest smile on your face!  

You love to do whatever your sister is doing.  You like to build with blocks, push your trucks around, play catch and kick balls, and you've become much more interested in books. You still will rip the pages, but you also will sit and look thru book after book.  You love picking out stories for bedtime.  When you are sleepy, you play with my hair and snuggle.  You still will let me rock you to sleep every once in a while, which I just love!
You help make cookies and shove your hands into the bowl to squish the ingredients together every chance you get!

You are talking more and more and have so many new words.  You love lawn mowers and beg to help dad mow the lawn any chance you get!  You repeat almost all words now!  You are fearless.  Last week we were at the park, and I caught you as you dove off the play structure head first.  You move from point A to point B at full speed.  

This running landed you in the ER.  You fell and hit your lip on the corner of Madelyn's bed.  You cried out instantly and your lip swelled immediately.  I knew it was bad.  


It was a nightmare getting you to the ER, not because of you, but because of the traffic/construction and the massiveness of the Children's Hospital/Froedtert Hospital.  You, however, were having a blast.  You would have thought we were at the Children's Museum.  You loved watching the fish, climbing in the waiting room chairs, and playing peek-a-boo with the other children and waiting families.  You were up hours past your bed time but you weren't phased.  We finally saw the doctor and she said you needed two stitches.  You were given some medicine to relax you and topical cream.  You had been a busy little boy the entire time in the ER.  The meds did the trick and you sat in my lap watching the Scooby Doo movie.  The doctor came in, and said she wasn't sure if the medicine was working.  I assured her that you don't sit like that unless you are about to fall asleep.  It was working.  A woman came in to distract you (aka...showed you an iPad) and you were stitched up!  It was easy.  I was so proud of you.  I was thankful that it went so well, but I pray we make no more visits to the ER.  Ever.  Got that?

James you are my sweet, smart, smiley little boy.  You give the tightest hugs and best kisses.  I love you to the moon and back and all around the world!

Love,
Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment