Thursday, June 13, 2013

The gift of Motherhood

If there is one thing I've known my entire life, it is my desire to be a mother. Without a doubt, it is a gift I don't take forgranted.  I tell Madelyn and Jay everyday how happy they make my heart. The last few years, in some ways have been a struggle. Casey has the added pressure of providing for our family without as much help from me. We had a home we couldn't get out of. We compared ourselves to others who were moving on and reaching OUR goals before us.  But then I look into my children's blue blue eyes as they wrap their arms around me, and there is no question, I have everything I've ever wanted.

I spent Mother's Day with my husband and children AND with the best mother around, my mom. My mom amazes me. She is generous, creative, hard working, and a giver of her time, resources, and talents. She's a woman of tremendous faith and love. She'd do anything for me or my family and there is no other person I reach to call when I am sad or when I am overcome with excitement. Into my life my mom brings laughter and fun, peace and hope, inspiration and joy. I am so lucky.

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Janesville. Casey spoiled me and treated me to two of my "Must haves". A yogurt maker and a new pair of running shoes! I was so excited!! My final request,  to sleep in until my hearts content! Can you believe this was the request that was too difficult. My sweet lil Miss Madelyn wasn't about to start her day without her mama!

My dad prepared an awesome meal and we spent time socializing with my grandparents. It's a special holiday for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment